Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
Groundwater and surface water monitoring are essential for clarifying the hydrogeological conditions before, during and after the completion of deep and open-cast mines as well as for transport facilities (routes, tunnels, bridges). They are also needed for monitoring dumps from old mining operations or newly constructed landfills.
G.E.O.S. is at your service in the analysis of hydrogeological issues with many years of expertise. We provide comprehensive advice and are familiar with potential pitfalls. When preparing the monitoring, we take into account the respective project-related requirements of the authorities issuing the permits, such as the mining authorities, the upper and lower water authorities or the waste authorities.
- Identify the current status of hydrogeological conditions in the run-up to monitoring campaigns, either to be able to draw on existing monitoring sites and data or to assess whether new monitoring sites are necessary.
- Planning and construction supervision for groundwater and surface water monitoring points
- Technical implementation of sampling and on-site monitoring
- Cooperation with accredited water labs for the analysis of groundwater and surface water samples
- Evaluation of the results on the basis of the applicable threshold values
- Annual reports on the monitoring of the changes in groundwater and surface water conditions; updating of the reports in the case of long-term projects
Equipment for taking representative groundwater and surface water samples, such as pumps (e.g. MP 1 or 4" Grundfoss pumps), scoops, flow meter (OTT blades), WTW measuring equipment for checking the on-site parameters during the pumping tests.